Born in 1954, Mr. Justice Mwanamwambwa obtained his LLB degree from the University of Zambia (1979) and he was admitted to the Bar in 1981. He was appointed Legal Aid Counsel in the Directorate of Legal Aid (1981).
- Joined a firm of Advocates, Lisulo and Company, as an Assistant Advocate (1982);
- Admitted to partnership (1988);
- Senior Managing Partner (1990);
- Served as a Commissioner on the Southern Province Local Government Appeals Board (1997);
- Judge of the High Court (1999 – 2008);
- and Judge of the Supreme Court (2008 to date).