Born in 1956, Mrs. Justice Muyovwe holds an LLB degree from the University of Zambia (1979) and she was admitted to the Bar in (1981). She was appointed State Advocate/Assistant Senior Legal Aid Counsel, Ministry of Legal Affairs (1981 – 1987).
- Senior Legal Officer for Lima Bank Limited (1988 – 1991);
- Part-time Research Associate-Women and Law in Southern Africa (1989 – 1993);
- Part-time Coordinator, National Legal Aid Clinic for Women (1990);
- Vice Chairperson – Lands Tribunal (1996 -1998);
- Director, Legal Aid Clinic for Women (1991 – 1998);
- Alternate Judge of the United Nations Special Court for Sierra Leone (2002);
- Part-time Lecturer in Domestic Relations at the Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education (1999 – 2003);
- High Court Judge (1998 to date);
- Judge-in-charge, Livingstone High Court;
- Supreme Court Judge.
Mrs. Justice Muvovwe has published an article entitled ‘Unequal pay for equal work-Institute of Women’s Law’ University of Oslo, Norway (1988).