Born on 2nd October, 1957 the Hon. Justice Charles Kajimanga obtained a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Zambia (1983), admitted to the Bar (1984) – Best Student, a Master of Laws (LLM) from Cornell University (1993) and a Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration from the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2018). He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb) and was subsequently conferred with the status of Chartered Arbitrator (C.Arb) by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Current Assignment –
The Hon. Justice Charles Kajimanga is currently a Judge of the Supreme Court, a position he has held since his appointment in December 2015.
Prior to this appointment the Hon. Justice Charles Kajimanga served in different capacities including:
• Judge of the High Court (2002 – 2015). Served as Judge-in-Charge, Commercial List (Division) and subsequently as Judge-in-charge (Lusaka High Court)
• Kajimanga & Company, Managing Partner (1999 – 2002)
• Charles & Charles Associates, Partner (1995 – 1999)
• Zambia Cooperative Federation Limited, Board Secretary and Legal Counsel (1987 – 1995)
• Legal Services Corporation, Corporation Counsel (1985 – 1987)
Membership of Professional Associations
1. Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London)
2. London Court of International Arbitration Africa Users’ Council
3. Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Zambia Branch
The Hon. Justice Kajimanga is a contributor of a chapter in a book titled, ‘Arbitration in Africa: A Review of key Jurisdictions’ (London: Sweet & Maxwell, 2016).