- This event has passed.
Induction course for the Court of Appeal Judges
October 10, 2016 @ 8:00 am - October 11, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
The Hon Chief Justice, Her Ladyship Irene C. Mambilima is facilitating an induction course for the Court of Appeal Judges being held at Protea Hotel Safari lodge in Chisamaba. Retired Chief Justices A. Sulungwe, M. Ngulube and E. Sakala are among the presenters at the induction course.
Papers to be presented include;
- Calling on fresh evidence – Chief Justice Rtd. M.M.W.S Ngulube
- Decisions of the Supreme Court – Chief Justice Rtd. M.M.W.S Ngulube
- Dealing with chamber matters at Court of Appeal level by a single judge – Chief Justice Rtd. M.M.W.S Ngulube
- Process of the Court of Appeal – Chief Justice Rtd. Annel Silungwe
- Leave to appeal to the Supreme Court – Chief justice Irene C mambilima
- Case flow and case flow management – Justice Nigel Mutuna
- Team work , Judicial etiquette and relations with support staff and members of the public – Chief Justice Rtd. Ernest. L Sakala
- The relationship between Judicial independence and the application of the judicial code of conduct and judicial ethics – Chief Justice Rtd. Annel Silungwe
- The legal Practitioners’ expectations of the court of Appeal – Mr. Eric Silwamba SC
- Public expectation of the Court of Appeal and how the court can meet them – Mr. Eric Silwamba SC
- Contempt of court and procedure – Deputy Chief Justice M.S Mwanamwambwa